Frequently Asked Questions
If you can’t find an answer to your question here, please contact me. I’ll usually get back to you within one business day, and there’s a good chance I’ll add your question (and my answer) to this page!
- How does a long-term service like website maintenance work?
- What types of payment do you accept?
- How do deposits and payments work? In fact, how does the whole process work?
- I just requested a quote. How long will it take?
- How long will it take you to complete my project?
- What are your business days and holidays?
- How soon can you start working on my project?
- Are you willing to work as part of a team?
- Are you available for in-person meetings?
- What if I want to discuss my project by phone?
- Who owns the material if I’ve paid you to create it?
- Will you maintain my website once you’ve finished building it?
- What if I’m not satisfied with your work? Do you offer guarantees or refunds?
After we determine which long-term service you need, I’ll provide you with a service contract. The first month of service is considered a trial period. After that, either party is required to give a 30-day notice to cancel services. We’ll schedule a designated day of the week or month for your services, and your tasks will be completed each week or month on that day. On your service day, you’ll receive a maintenance report, summarizing work completed on your website.
Preferred method of payment is credit card. You’ll receive an invoice by email, with a link to pay by credit card. PayPal is also accepted. I am no longer accepting checks by mail.
Larger projects require an upfront deposit with final payment due after the project is completed. First, you provide your contact information and a project description. Then I’ll send you a quote and service agreement, which includes details about the specifications of your project, rates, and a timeline. To accept the quote, you’ll need to issue the deposit, which is usually 50%. The final balance will be due one week after project is completed. Revisions, if requested, will take place after final project completion and do not affect the final payment due date.
You will usually hear back from me within one business day.
Project timelines vary depending on the size and scope of the project. Once you’ve provided your project details, you will receive a quote that includes a timeline. Please inquire about expedited services if you need a faster turnaround.
Business days are Monday through Friday. Buzz Pro Studio recognizes the following holidays (these are non-business days):
- Presidents’ Day (third Monday in February)
- Memorial Day (last Monday in May)
- Independence Day (U.S.) is July 4th (day off on Monday if it falls on Saturday or Sunday)
- Labor Day (first Monday in September)
- Veterans’ Day (November 11)
- Thanksgiving Day and Friday following (fourth Thursday of November and the following day)
- Christmas Eve through New Year’s Day (December 24 – January 1)
Normally, I start working on a project 1-2 weeks after the deposit has been received or after the service agreement has been accepted. In some cases, work may begin sooner. I schedule all projects and I stick to the schedule. Your service agreement will specify your project start date, and it will include a timeline to help you determine when the project will be completed.
Yes, I would be happy to work as part of a team.
All business is conducted online or over the phone.
I’d be happy to have an introductory call, at no charge, to discuss the scope and specifications of your project. For some projects, phone consults may be included as part of the services rendered, at no extra charge. Outside of that, phone calls will be billed or deducted from your service time as consultations. All phone consultations must be scheduled in advance.
I do not share or distribute any information about my clients. I reserve the right to publish a list of clients and work rendered in the context of a portfolio as a way to demonstrate my experience and expertise.
Ownership of the material I create transfers to the client when final payment is received. If the final payment does not clear or is revoked, then ownership remains with or transfers back to me. Images, graphics, and copy provided to Buzz Pro Studio by the client never falls under my ownership. Over the course of your project, I may license stock images on your behalf. The rules of ownership for these images are outlined by the stock photo vendors.
Yes, I offer a number of different website maintenance services.
You will be satisfied with my work. I ask that all first-time clients review three to five samples from my portfolio before accepting a quote or signing a work agreement. If you like what you see in my portfolio, then you will be pleased with the work I do for you as well.
If you didn’t find the answers you were looking for, drop me a line. I’d be happy to answer any other questions that you have.
What's in store for your website?
Get a Quote for Website Services
Are you ready to make your business a success online? I'm ready to help. Just tell me about your business and your website by filling out the form below. There's no obligation until you decide to hire me. You'll receive a response within one business day. Need something that you don’t see here? Let me know how I can help you.