Terms and Conditions
This document outlines the terms and conditions of services provided by Buzz Pro Studio (Melissa Donovan).
Last updated: 08/23/20
Buzz Pro Studio provides website services, including website design and maintenance, copywriting, and online marketing services as well as consultations. By accepting a quote for services and/or issuing payment for services forthcoming or rendered, clients agree to all terms and conditions outlined herein.
Rates and Fees
If unexpected costs arise during the course of a project, the client will be consulted and asked to approve any charges that exceed the quoted price. In some cases, such additional charges may require a signature for approval or advance payment. These can include additional charges for outsourced vendors (graphics, printing, shipping, etc.), travel, expedition, and surcharges, as well as other related products, services, and work-related activities.
Deadlines and Due Dates
Client’s input may be required for various projects (i.e., providing information necessary to the project or incremental approvals). Inquiries made by Buzz Pro Studio to the client will be answered within a reasonable amount of time. Client acknowledges that a failure to respond or cooperate in a timely manner could result in an extension to the project timeline.
Should the client terminate a project for any reason, we will retain the deposit. Additionally, client will be billed based on the amount of work completed (if the project was 25% completed, client will be billed 25% of project total).
We will always grant clients project extensions upon request, for any reason. However, such extensions may not affect the original payment due date.
Delays in reviewing and approving a project may result in client receiving the final invoice before the project is completed. We normally estimate 3-5 business days for a client to review and approve a project or request revisions. If feedback or approval from client is not forthcoming in a timely manner, the final invoice will be processed and delivered after 10 business days (approximately two weeks) from the time the project was submitted for approval. This does not terminate or cancel the project. We will still accept any requests or approvals and finalize the project after the final invoice has been processed and paid for up to one year.
Unforeseen or sudden termination of a project. If some mishap, illness, or accident occurs that makes it impossible for Buzz Pro Studio to continue a project in progress, we will make every effort to notify the client as soon as possible. We may request a project extension or suggest an alternative service provider who is both part of our network and a trusted resource, or we may choose to outsource the work directly. In such cases where we are unable to complete a project and the client refuses to grant an extension, a refund will be issued and will be based on the amount of work completed. If the project is half completed, the client can expect a 50% refund (of project total, not deposit).
We reserve the right to assess and handle these matters on a case-by-case basis. The terms outlined herein provide a general guide as to what clients may expect in the case of unforeseen events.
- Quotes and invoices will include a link with an option to pay by credit card. We also accept PayPal. In some cases, arrangements can be made to pay with personal or business checks.
- For large projects, a deposit is required in the amount of 25-50% of the total project cost estimate. Projects $250 or less require full payment in advance.
- Expedited projects or those with a turnaround of less than one week may require full payment in advance.
- Projects do not commence until the deposit has been received in full.
- Deposits are non-refundable.
- All quotes, contracts, and invoices are sent and processed electronically (via email). Printed copies may be sent at client’s request.
- Final payment is due within two weeks of project completion. Project is complete when first final draft is sent to client. Requests for revisions do not affect or change the payment due date.
- In cases where project completion is delayed due to failure of client to issue feedback or approval in a timely manner, the final invoice will be processed ten business days after project was submitted to client for review.
- Late payments are subject to penalty fees of $25 per month or 10% of project cost, whichever is greater.
- Late payments and non-payments will be pursued through a collections agency.
Long-Term Website Maintenance, Coaching, and Consultations
- Website maintenance is an ongoing, long-term service that can include related marketing tasks and/or coaching and consultations to advise clients in the areas of website maintenance and marketing. These services are rendered on a monthly or weekly basis.
- Clients will be assigned a service day (of the week or month); all work and communications will be completed during the regularly scheduled service day.
- If necessary or sufficient materials, tasks, or projects are not provided before each service session, the time will be banked for later use. Banked service time expires at the end of the following month, unless other arrangements are made in advance.
- Client will pay a deposit in the amount of one month of service; deposit is issued in advance of the first month of service.
- The first month of service is considered a trial period; after the first month, both Buzz Pro Studio and the client agree to give a 30-day notice for termination of services.
- Standalone projects are one-time projects that do not include ongoing, long-term services. Examples of standalone projects include copywriting projects or website design. However, long-term services can be provided before, during, or after standalone projects.
- A timeline (including ETA) is provided with a quote for any standalone project (example: “this project will begin three days from receipt of deposit and will take ten business days to complete”).
- Quote acceptance and project commencement: The project commences when a quote is accepted by the client and Buzz Pro Studio has received the deposit along with any and all documents or materials that are necessary to the project(s).
- Design projects are based on a clearly defined project scope and specifications, which may include a mock-up that visually demonstrates how the final design will look. Should the client decide to amend the scope or specifications of the project or request deviation from the originally agreed-upon mock-up, additional fees may be incurred.
- Website design projects include one round of reviews and approvals: The client will review the design and request revisions (usually before the website is launched or made public). These revisions can include changing the font faces or sizes, spacing between and around content (images and text), and other minor adjustments to content (resizing images, altering text, etc.).
- Charges will incur for any major revisions that deviate from the original project scope or specifications. Client will be asked to approve charges in advance.
- Unless otherwise established prior to start of project, all copywriting projects are written, edited, or otherwise processed in Microsoft Word. This includes website copy and other written material destined for electronic or online publication. Other file formats (PDF, HTML, etc.) are available upon request.
- Work is sent and received electronically via email or an online file-sharing application.
- Client will not send updated or revised copies of the original materials for a copywriting project once work has started. For example, if a document is sent to the copywriter and work has commenced, client may not send a revised copy of the document, as doing so will interfere with the work process. Requests to insert or amend specific excerpts of text are acceptable.
- Each project includes one revision. Revision requests must be received within ten business days from client’s receipt of draft.
- A revision is not a rewrite.
- The timeline for revisions varies depending on the scope of the project. You can inquire via email if you’d like an estimated timeline. Otherwise, the timeline will be indicated on your quote.
Legal Disclaimers, Intellectual Property, and Copyright
- Buzz Pro Studio (Melissa Donovan) is not legally responsible or liable for the content or function of work rendered, including websites, written or graphical content (including content published on social media), or functionality. We create and amend these materials at our clients’ direction. Client is responsible for all materials they have approved for completion or publication.
- Client is responsible for legalities pertaining to their specific industries and fields of expertise.
- We waive all responsibility for materials which are provided by the client, including registered trademarks, copyrights, or additional intellectual properties. Work is accepted in good faith based on the understanding that client has obtained or owns all necessary rights to such properties.
- All material created by Buzz Pro Studio is owned and copyrighted by Melissa Donovan unless and until final payment for work as outlined in work agreement is received. When all payments are received in full, copyright automatically transfers to the client.
- If we obtain stock images or other material from third-party vendors on the client’s behalf, copyright law and the respected vendors’ ownership rules apply.
- Buzz Pro Studio is committed to protecting our clients’ privacy and operates in full confidentiality.
- Information and documentation provided by the client will not be distributed, published, or otherwise shared in any way without the express consent and permission of the client.
- We reserve the right to create, publish, and distribute our list of clients as part of a portfolio. This list may include the use of a client’s logo and company name and a link to their website. Clients who do not want to be included on such a list must make a request in writing, via email, prior to accepting a quote for services to be rendered. All such requests will be honored.
- We reserve the right to use creative work rendered in a private or published portfolio. Buzz Pro Studio may also share links to work rendered privately upon request by prospective clients. Clients who do not want their projects included in a public or published portfolio must make a request in writing, via email, prior to accepting a quote or issuing a deposit. All such requests will be honored.
- Our rights to portfolio use are applicable to all work we complete, including work created through or as a third-party service provider or sub-contractor.
Let’s Make Your Business a Success Online
My job is to help your business succeed by making sure that your online marketing strategies are effective. Let’s work together to find your online audience, reach out to them, and bring them to your business.
GET A QUOTE FOR WEBSITE SERVICES
What’s in store for your website?
Are you ready to make your business a success online? I’m ready to help. Just tell me about your business and your website by filling out the form below. There’s no obligation until you decide to hire me. You’ll receive a response within one business day.
Need something that you don’t see here? Let me know how I can help you. I look forward to learning about your business goals and helping you reach them.